How does vertical farming technology maximize plant output while minimizing environmental impact? originally appeared on Quora: the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
The benefits are clear for both businesses and consumers, bringing efficiency, production and consistency to this burgeoning industry. Opollo™ farms are more efficient, more technologically advanced and more environmentally friendly than not just traditional farms, but hydroponic vertical farms (which have a higher reliance on water).
Compared to one traditional farm acre, OnePointOne farms yield:
- Yielding almost 250 times more leafy greens per year and reflects a better, more effective use of space
- Yielding almost 150 times more produce per square foot of land
- Utilizing a 2,000 square-foot farm footprint
- Is more scalable and modular
- Can be installed anywhere in the world
- Guarantees year-round quality and yield reliability
- Incurs zero harm to precious soil
- Climate-controlled environment means we can grow what we want, where we want
- Uses 99% less water than traditional farming
- Allows us to grow produce closer to the consumer and reduce transportation
We do this through technology that is incredibly advanced and energy efficient – technology that was created with an earth-first intent and mentality.