What does executive coaching involve? originally appeared on Quora: the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
I am an experienced business coach who has worked with many executives and entrepreneurs over the years. My job has lots of different facets, but mainly involves helping people to become the best possible version of themselves.
Here are some of the things that I work with clients on:
- Personal branding. We all need a strong personal brand in today’s increasingly hybrid world. I work with clients to fine-tune their presence both online and in person to put themselves in the best possible light.
- Fine-tuning soft skills. Soft skills will take you much further than hard skills in business, so it’s important to assess/coach others on their soft skill development. Together, we work on things like communication, collaboration, networking, presenting, writing, problem solving, and more.
- Growing their leadership skills. Being a leader in today’s fast-moving environment is challenging. I work with clients to help them tackle difficult leadership issues and problems, and to fine-tune/grow their overall leadership style.
- Improving business development. Numbers are at the heart of all leadership decisions. I guide my clients in business development activities and help them champion projects and ideas based on the bottom line.
- Showcasing their thought leadership. Many of my clients want to grow their thought leadership presence. I work with them to identify what they want to be known for, and then determine where/how they can showcase that knowledge.
- Dealing with challenges. The corporate environment can involve dealing with one challenge after another. My clients love to have someone like me to talk through and brainstorm those challenges with.
- Strategic planning. Whatever you want to do in business and life, you need a solid plan to make it happen. I work with clients to outline their goals and the microsteps that it will take to make them a reality.
- Overall cheerleading. Often, I act as a champion and therapist for my clients, pushing them to be the best they can be and reminding them of all the wonderful qualities that they possess. We all need a little push from time to time.